Mass Spectrometry combined with both Industrial and
academic field for continuous research purpose. New mass spectrometry (MS)
methods, collectively called as data independent analysis hyper reaction
monitoring, the examination of peptides created by proteolytic processing
of proteins, known as bottom up proteomics, act as the reason for a significant
number of the protein research attempted by mass spectrometry (MS) research
facilities. Discovery based, or shotgun proteomics utilizes information on data-dependent acquisition (DDA).
spectrometer initially plays out a survey, from which the peptide particles
with the intensity high over a predefined threshold value, are stochastically
chosen, environmental Monitoring (ERM), called as multiple reaction monitoring (MRM), is used to monitor
precursor fragments of the targeted amino acids.
- Triple Quadrupole GC-MS/LC-MS, the next evolution
- LC-MS & GC-MS: Mass spectroscopy (MS) detection techniques coupled to chromatographic separations
- MALDI-TOF, SELDI-TOF and TOF-SIMS
- New developments in ionization and sampling
- Ambient Mass Spectrometry (DESI, DICE, …etc)